About The Book
This thoroughly updated sixth edition of the best-selling text Assessment in Speech-Language Pathology remains an invaluable resource for instructors, students, and clinicians. The book covers the diagnosis and evaluation of a wide range of communication disorders in adults and children. This one-of-a-kind manual provides a comprehensive package of reference materials, explanations of assessment procedures, practical stimulus suggestions, and hands-on worksheets and screening forms.
The highly practical resource is separated into four easy-to-navigate sections: Part I highlights preparatory considerations; Part II includes procedures and materials for obtaining, interpreting, and reporting assessment information; Part III provides materials and suggestions for assessing communicative disorders. Part IV presents a quick-reference section, providing information on hearing considerations and medical diagnoses.
This must-have sixth edition reflects the latest research, best practices, and important trends and developments for assessment in speech-language pathology.
New to the Sixth Edition
- Updated content throughout to reflect current research and practice
- New chapter on Selective Mutism
- New section covering the assessment of transgender voice
- Updated Sources of Additional Information in every chapter, with addition of recommended mobile applications for speech-language assessment
- Full-color design with images, charts, and illustrations to engage readers and display key concepts
- Each chapter concludes with practical forms, including worksheets, checklists, and additional sources of information
- Glossary of key terms
- Chapter tabs with separate colors for quick and easy access
- Access to a PluralPlus companion website with PowerPoint lecture slides for each chapter, and forms and worksheets from the book for easy duplication and customization for clinical use