About The Book
Now in its fourth edition, Hegde’s PocketGuide to Assessment in Speech-Language Pathology is a renowned resource, the first of its kind, and now a classic in communication sciences and disorders.
This revised PocketGuide, like the other two classic guides, blends the format of a dictionary with the contents of a textbook and clinical reference book. With this guide, both the students and the professional clinicians may have, at their fingertips, the encyclopedic knowledge of the entire range of assessment concepts and approaches, common methods and procedures, standardized tests as well as client specific alternatives, and specific techniques to assess ethnoculturally diverse clients.
The speech-language pathologist that has this handy guide in his or her pocket will have a quick as well as a detailed reference to practical assessment procedures and many task-specific outlines that a clinician may readily use in assessing any client of any age. The information may be easily reviewed before the clinical sessions or examinations.
- Current knowledge on assessment philosophies, approaches, and techniques
- Alphabetical entries and section tabs for ease of access
- Underlined terms that alert the reader for cross-referenced entries on related concepts and procedures
- Detailed differential diagnostic guidelines on disorders
- Critical developmental norms
New to the Fourth Edition
- Updated entries to reflect current practice, procedures, and the research base
- Information on newer standardized tests and evidence-based alternative approaches to assess ethnoculturally diverse individuals
- Practical and detailed assessment outlines
- More succinct presentation of practical information
- New 4.5×8″ trim size for easier portability
- Hegde’s PocketGuide to Treatment in Speech-Language Pathology, Fourth Edition
- Hegde’s PocketGuide to Communication Disorders, Second Edition