About The Book
Now in its second edition, Hegde’s PocketGuide to Communication Disorders is a renowned resource, the first of its kind, and now a classic in communication sciences and disorders.
This revised PocketGuide, like the other two classic guides, blends the format of a dictionary with the contents of a textbook and clinical reference book. With this guide, both the students and the professional clinicians may have, at their fingertips, a single, invaluable resource on the encyclopedic knowledge of the entire range of communication disorders, epidemiology and ethnocultural factors, symptomatology, onset and development, etiological factors, and major theoretical concepts of their profession.
The SLP that has this handy guide in his or her pocket will have a detailed reference on disorders, easily reviewed before the clinical sessions or examinations. Information on disorders and related concepts in the guide may be rapidly accessed because of their alphabetical entry.
- Alphabetical entries and section tabs for ease of access
- Underlined terms that alert the reader for cross-referenced entries on related disorders and concepts
- Genetic and psychiatric information of relevance to SLPs
- Neurophysiological background to relevant disorders of communication
New to the Second Edition
- Even more succinct entries and easy to navigate terms
- Updated terms on several disorders to reflect the current literature
- Updated information on all communication disorders, their classifications, epidemiology, and etiology
- New 4.5×8″ trim size for easier portability
- Hegde’s PocketGuide to Assessment in Speech-Language Pathology, Fourth Edition
- Hegde’s PocketGuide to Treatment in Speech-Language Pathology, Fourth Edition